To answer the question “Who am I?” you need to reflect on your story and contemplate it. Write about
- The people who have been instrumental in your life.
- The books, the movies, the music which propel you to unexpected emotional and spiritual heights.
- Your country: Its historical and cultural greatness, and also its failings and weaknesses. Feel free to denounce the things you do not like about it. Foster in your soul a righteous wrath.
- The ideals you want to fight for.
- The key events in your life until now. Discover their meaning.
Your story must be dramatic, poetic, symbolic, and short. Dramatic, to make it attractive to you and others (you must discover its central theme or idea). Poetic, to capture the greatness of little things. Symbolic, to make it universal and unforgettable. Short, to focus on that which is important.” (Alexander Havard)