I/ READ “VIRTUOUS LEADERSHIP”
II/ WATCH THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS WITH ALEX HAVARD
III/ CHECK YOU UNDERSTOOD WELL THE 12 VL BASIC PRINCIPLES
- Why leaders need virtues?
- What is the essence (specificity) of leadership? Why?
- Why is leadership a life ideal?
- What are the foundations of leadership? Why?
- What is “fundamental humility”? What is its function?
- “Leaders are trained, not born”. Why?
- What is the difference between Potestas and Auctoritas? What is the meaning of each of these notions in leadership?
- What is the role of the intellect, the will and the heart in the life of a leader?
- Maturity in judgments, emotions, and behavior. What does this mean in practice?
- Leaders reject a utilitarian approach to virtue. What does this mean?
- What is the difference between virtue ethics and rules-based ethics? Why the former is more relevant?
- What is the relation between the human virtues and the specifically Christian virtues of faith, hope and charity? What does the practice of the Christian virtues add to leadership?